Phases: Instrumental

As one normally does, I go through phases of music. It generally varies between classical, sub-genres of metal, instrumental - mostly piano or violin. I'm very selective in what I listen to so while this doesn't seem like too much of a variety, I can assure you that there's enough music in all of these put together to last me a life time and a few more!


Anyhow, my current phase is a piano instrumental one. It has been recurring, but of late it seems to have gone on for a little longer. This meant that I was able to understand what exactly I like about the sound of a piano being played. I noticed that I preferred the more mellow, subtle sounds that the overtly happy ones. Like this one by David Nevue called The Vigil.







And the simple beauty of Just You and Me by Michele McLaughlin.







This just follows my liking of epic music, either the emotions/feelings are represented in massive strength, or take time in presenting themselves. I doubt anyone who doesn't like this sort of music would understand, but to me it makes complete sense! I know why like just two main genres of music, two that are thought by most to be so far apart on the music spectrum without realizing that one has every element of the other!


Pandora has been a very good friend to me in providing me with a multitude of piano artists I may have otherwise never known. So the instrumental phase continues! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again