Day 8: Dan Brown's Novels

Day 8: The Most Overrated Book


I read my first Dan Brown novel before The DaVinci Code came out and the whole world wanted to jump onto the bandwagon. Digital Fortress, Angels & Demons were the first two I read and Deception Point followed The DaVinci Code. I was duly fascinated by the history and inventive stories, the attention to cryptography (I was a big time computer networks nerd at the time), and the fast pace of the novels, but all of these are, possibly, the same reasons I now think they are highly overrated.

The story gets old, told to you by the same author in different situations but in the same way.
By the time I read Deception Point, I was fully aware of who the bad guy was going to be and what the protagonists would do! Which is also why I read The Lost Symbol almost two years after it came out.

I am well aware that 'thrillers' are generally exactly how Dan Brown writes, and he does provide a good read, but it is my belief that his books are highly overrated. Though I must say that if I were to pick the most overrated book by him, I would pick The DaVinci Code - Angels & Demons would be my favorite book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again