History and Music

I never realized how much I liked and appreciated history, ancient and modern world, for a very long time. I hated studying for history tests at school, but the stories stayed with me. I admit that I do not recall dates and periods, but I remember, quite accurately, the happenings and most particulars surrounding it. So when I found a bunch of songs relating these tales, I was positively delighted.

The first is an instrumental project - E.S. Posthumus. Brilliant compositions, moving sounds. I've listened to and falled in love with all of their compositions, possibly because they are classical and epic!

Tikal - from their debut album Unearthed

On to power metal and Sabaton, not the foot covering of an armor - I didn't have to look on Wikipedia for that :P, I just happen to know it! - but a Swedish metal group that focuses its musical and songwriting abilities on historical wars. Lyrically they cover the World Wars, but there are some other battles too.

From their album The Art of War, Cliffs of Gallipoli - about the Gallipoli Campaign during the first World War.

A more complex story of the rise of the Third Reich and the events leading to WWII - Rise of Evil from their album Attero Dominatus.


They also sing about the Nazgul (from LOTR)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again