Day 7: A Song That Reminds Me Of A Certain Event

Celebrate the Day by Herbert Grönemeyer; Official Anthem of the 2006 FIFA World Cup (with Amadou Bagayoko and Mariam Doumbia)


Need I say more? The official anthem of the 2006 FIFA World Cup held in Germany. The song that reminded me of why I loved German football so much! While I do support England at times, I believe my all time favorites have been Germany. It was also the last world cup for Oliver Kahn and the first world cup that Michael Ballack captained, and the team that Jürgen Klinsmann coached.


I cried when they lost to Italy, that too in extra time - two goals... ok, not going to get started on sports on a music blog. Anyway. This song reminds me of exactly what it represents. It was also in the summer of 2008, and my family and I watched, religiously, every single match of the World Cup (I would've loved to see Germany in the finals, but was satisfied enough when they emerged 3rd and the players took home several individual awards).


Songwriters: Grönemeyer, Herbert Arthur / Hajji, Balil / Khayat, Nadir / Doumbia, Mariam / Bagayoko, Amadou B







To win again, to never stop finding
Moving as one is the word for home
Begin to place yourself in the big frame
When you dream, when you dream, away, away

En avant pour la victoire, en avant pour la victoire
C'est le moment de l'espoir, c'est le moment de l'espoir


Let the sweet air fill our hearts, walk on and celebrate the
Day, the day, the day; celebrate the day!


En avant pour la victoire, en avant pour la victoire
C'est le moment de l'espoir, c'est le moment de l'espoir


Grab your drums, paint your soul, feel the roar and celebrate the
Day, the day, the day; celebrate the day!


To win again, to never stop climbing
The rising road of ultimate faith
Unity, the world in a heartbeat
When you dream, when you dream away, away

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again