Day 30: My Favorite Song This Time Last Year

Bible Black by Heaven & Hell from The Devil You Know (2009)

Last year at this time I was reveling in the victory of my favorite football club - them winning the Premier League was the highlight of May 2010 - and all I listened to for weeks were Chelsea FC songs. While they mean a lot to me, they don't qualify as my favorite songs. Going back into my blog by a year, I realized that it was also my Black Sabbath (and all related) phase. I listened to their entire discography and if I remember correctly, Bible Black was an obsession for me.


Ronnie James Dio is one of my metal idols. His voice! Ah! I would've given anything to watch him perform live, but when he was performing I was too young, and then I never had the opportunity! But his music shall live on!







At last alone, his fire's dying, burned another day
Now to pretend and make up an ending, somewhere far away
He reached for a book all bound in leather
Something that he knows he's never read
And the first page says beware you've found the answer
The next one says I wish that you were dead!
Don't go on, put it back, you're reading from the Bible black!

What's this word I see, who are you and who are me
Maybe I just stumbled in the dark
I must have been out cold, but the way the story's told
They found me lying naked in the rain, yeah
Let me go I've seen a vision, but the line has left me blind
Take me back, I must have the Bible black!

Well here I go again, from the start to the end
I wish I could remember what I've done
Now here's another spell, it could take me straight to hell
And I feel I'm getting closer to my home
Let me go I've found addiction and it makes me feel alive
Take me back, I must have the Bible black!


He locks himself away and tastes the silence
Hungry for another bite of wrong
And just the words "oh Lord please take me with you"
Took him to a place we don't belong

Let him go! He can't come back, he's reading from the Bible black!

So if your fire's dying, then what's the use of trying?
I may know another place that you can go
It's hiding in the pages, but you may not come back
You're reading from the Bible black!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again