Day 23: A Song I Want To Play At My Wedding

For the Love of a Princess by James Horner from Braveheart (1995)


Every girl dreams of her prince charming, riding up to her and sweeping her off her feet, gazing into her eyes and telling her that his heart his hers. She also dreams that she's a princess... I'm sure most girls are called princesses by their parents, a title generally bestowed upon the baby girl by her father... So wishing that one of the songs at her wedding be this heart warming soothing score by James Horner is natural, I would think.


I'm a romanticist at heart, despite my public opinions on several other things. I find beauty in small simple matters. And while I have not given much thought to my wedding, I do know what songs I would like to hear on the day - most of them rock and metal ballads/classics, but several epic instrumentals as well. This song came to mind in a dream... I was writing descriptions of two of my characters and was trying to find a song for them, this one happened most inadvertently. It was natural and perfect. So I thought to just use it in my own, because of the title, the emotions and images it invokes when I listen to it.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again