Day 29: A Song From My Childhood

Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 by Franz Liszt


Tom & Jerry is an all time favorite cartoon. I have, from a very young age, enjoyed and admired the creativity in each of these shorts that dominated my TV watching. This being a cartoon from the early 1930's there were a lot of classical elements to it, musically speaking, and I was delighted to note that one of my favorite rhapsodies was used in this cartoon!


Tom's and Jerry's rivalry takes a musical twist in this one, with Jerry trying to get back at a Tom, a concert pianist, for not letting him sleep in peace in the piano! I love how their rivalry, the need to beat and hurt each other, is integrated into this absolutely beautiful song! Liszt was genius and this is my favorite composition of his - probably because of the cartoon I associate with it, but it's still my favorite and definitely one of the highlights of my childhood!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again