Day 25: A Song That Makes Me Laugh

Detharmonic by Dethklok from The Dethalbum (2007)


Songs that make me laugh? Being the picky musical cynic I think I would laugh anything that passes for music these days - I'm talking about those with no creative lyrics - it's just always about love, partying and sex, and it's generally a set of 3 words repeated in a sentence that is repeated throughout the song; no real singing - very few artists actually attempt at doing anything more than speaking the words these days even if they have the ability to do so!; dance beats or the same old ballad like tunes. But I can't laugh at these songs, I merely get annoyed. The other way of being amused by a song is by its music video, but I gave up watching videos to songs a very long time ago - I watch the live performances but very rarely the official music video associated with the song.


But it's music. It's supposed to cater to every mood, right? Metalocalypse happened. A friend recommended that I listen to some of the songs that feature on the show and TA-DA! Comedy rock/metal! It's nice, it's fun and it's entertaining! :) This show is a parody of metal and metal-heads, I know, but it's also a celebration of this highly misunderstood genre of music! This song is about not wanting to pay taxes. Admittedly the lyrics lean towards the morbid - because he wishes death for the tax collector, which is rather extreme - but when it comes to you in the form of a cartoon... I mean, we all laugh at South Park right?







I want to keep my money, and give away absolutely nothing
To the government who moderates my spending and obliterates depending
Oon what time of the year, brutality is near


In the form of income tax, I'd rather take a fucking axe to my face
Blow up this place with you all in it, I'd do it in a minute.

If I could, I'd write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
Because I'd rather you be dead than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year.

I'd rather you be dead, than ponder parting with my second home.
I'd rather you be dead than consider not opening a restaurant.

I'd rather you be dead. I'd rather you be dead.

Prepare the laser beam. We gonna use it tonight.
Engage the laser beam. It's gonna end your life.

We're gonna use it tonight.

If I could I'd write off your murder I'd save all of my receipts
Because I'd rather you be dead than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year.

I'd rather you be dead, than ponder parting with my second home.
I'd rather you be dead than consider not opening a restaurant.

I'd rather you be dead, I'd rather you be dead now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again