Day 21: A Song I Listen To When I'm Happy

Symphony No. 9 in E minor: From the New World by Antonín Dvořák


This is probably Dvořák's most famous composition and I'm sure most would've heard it somewhere because it figures significantly in modern repertoire. I've loved the romantic movements of the period so it's rather obvious that I should like this one. I associate this composition with happiness because I think the first time I heard it I was happy about something a friend had told me and I felt my senses being elevated with the surges and drops in this symphony. It has an epic feel to it and yet it soft and soothing enough to allow me to let my feelings unfold.


I'm putting up only the 4th Movement 'cause it is my favorite part of the whole composition, but I do love the whole set!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again