Day 24: A Song I Want Played At My Funeral

Ruska by Apocalyptica from Apocalyptica (2005)


Again, something that I haven't given thought to, but something that crosses my mind when I'm reading of, listening to or watching some grand departure. I'm not sure I would ban crying, because whatever is said, you do want someone to grieve for you at least a little bit. Because when you lose someone close and important to you, there is a void that gapes in your heart and soul and you know that it cannot be filled. I suppose for me, in this case, I would prefer a song that speaks of that void. The path to its healing come after, but at my funeral I believe I would like to listen to Apocalyptica.


This song, whose title means 'autumn leaves' in Finnish, has all of the elements of sorrow and distress oozing out of it. The 'crescendo' always makes my heart wrench, always. It can be interpreted in many ways - like in this video for LOTR. I think it would be apt for me - it personifies my taste in music, my love for unspoken words and the language of silence.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen

The Magician's Death

There & Back Again